The three of us hiked into Topanga Canyon early morning with lots of sacred items in tow. The Canyon holds so many hidden gems and quite spaces to go within. Its the perfect escape from the city streets just over the mountain. We gathered upon the earth to pray together, to sing together and to celebrate the light, the shadow and the sweet balance of it all.
|Cleansing and clearing|
|Making prayer bundles|
A few ways to honor the Equinox
1. Stay up all night and welcome in the morning sun, celebrating the equal length of day and night. Go camping with friends and sleep outdoors under the stars.
2. Create an Autumn altar space bringing more light into your home. Decorate it with candles, crystals, autumn foods and forge.
3. Get into your garden! The earth is abundant with food and bounty! Harvest the love and share it with your friends and family.
4. Write down all of your inner abundance. This is a beautiful way to express your gratitude and to really reflect on all that you have carried through during the summer months.
5. Meditate upon the Mother. This is the time of year when things begin to slow down and you will be asked to stay indoors more. Take advantage of these last warm days and really be present with nature. Let her be your teacher and watch what unfolds for you as you both begin to shed your skin.
Many blessings as we head into these months of inner cultivation and creation.